a long long time ago!

a long long time ago!

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Robert Nicoll GP

My grandfather Robert Nicoll was a general practioner in a day when they did all their own out of hours work, and a lot of that care would be maternity care.
Apparently when he went to see a lady expecting a baby he would say "your going to have a boy "but he would write down in his notebook the word girl!
In due time when the baby was born if the lady duly had a boy she would be amazed that her GP knew in advance what the baby would be . However, when the new mum had a girl she would challenge the doctor " Dr Nicoll you said I would have a boy but I have had a baby girl ! What happened?
" Your wrong" the good doctor would reply "I said you would have a girl and you have had a girl - look I have written it in my notebook!"

No comments:

Post a Comment