a long long time ago!

a long long time ago!

Saturday 24 July 2010

Baby book





When I was born Mum kept a baby book that was written in until I was at least 5 (though much less frequently as time went on.) Above is a picture of the cover of the book. Mum gave this book to me many years ago and its a miracle I didnt lose it!

Above is a photo of a typical page from the book where the photos include a picture of a party at Summertrees, the family home of The Crosland's before the move to Beech House,Wem Shropshire. The middle picture from the book is me as a baby in the arms of Edith Nicoll ,our granny.I am not sure, but this may have been taken at Summertrees

I have revisited the outside of Summertrees about 10 years ago in 1999 or 2000 it seemed nice enough and had a well in the garden but not nearly as impressive as Beech House!
It was pretty close to the Crosland and Pickstone Factory and Edwina went to school nearby at Greenmount. I can remember going to pick her up there at the end of one term.

No comments:

Post a Comment